Stuart D McDonald MD, FCCP
1201 Fairmount Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Dr. McDonald joined the Texas Pulmonary & Critical Care Consultants family in 1993.
He was raised in Fort Worth, graduating from Paschal High School in 1979. He attended Vanderbilt University, graduating magna cum laude in 1983.
After graduating from UT Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, he did his Internal Medicine residency and Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship at University of Alabama Birmingham.
He has served many leadership roles, including:
- Chief of Staff at Baylor All Saints Medical Center 2006-2008
- Chair of the Ethics Committee at THR Harris Methodist Fort Worth Hospital from 2002-2010
- President of the Medical Staff at Kindred Hospital Fort Worth 2002-present
He has served on numerous boards, including:
- Chair of the Board, Texas Medical Liability and Trust, 2012-2013; Board of Directors 2005-2013
- Baylor Health Care System Board of Directors, 2011-2014
- Chair of the Board, University Christian Church, 2011-2012
- Board of Directors, Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra 2009-present
- Executive Committee, Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra, 2010-present
- Fort Worth Country Day School Board, 2012-present
- Brite Divinity School Board, 2012-present
He is married with two children. In his spare time he enjoys playing tennis and spending time with his family.
- Premedical: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, Magna Cum Laude, B.S.-Molecular Biology, 1979-1983.
- Medical: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, M.D., 1983-1987
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, 1987-1990
- Fellowship: Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, 1990-1993
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, 1992
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, 1993
- Baylor All Saints Medical Center
- Cook Children's Medical Center
- Harris Methodist Fort Worth
- Kindred Fort Worth
Dr. McDonald is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Texas Medical Association, 1983-1987,
- American Medical Association, 1983-2010
- American College of Physicians, 1987-present
- American College of Chest Physicians,
1990-present; fellow since 1994
- American Thoracic Society, 1990-present